Re: TradeMarked Name --redhat-config-

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, Lance Davis wrote:

>> >So isn't Red Hat already violating that by their restrictions on
>> >using their trademark and releasing software with the trademark
>> >in it as GPL?
>>
>> No.  The GPL does not have any clause concerning trademarks.
>
>'any more restrictive basis' would IMHO and IANAL include the use of
>trademarks.

There is no restriction on the use, copying, modification,
redistribution of the code, which is what the GPL covers.
Since these restrictions do not exist, there is no conflict with
the GPL.  Feel free to point out any case law which contradicts
this however, I'd definitely be interested in reading up on any
legal precedents.