kernel with swsusp

Mon Nov 10 19:50:37 UTC 2003

Le lun 10/11/2003 à 20:33, Rui Miguel Seabra a écrit :
> On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 19:11, Klaasjan Brand wrote:
> > Don't know for sure, but swsuspend is integrated in the 2.6 kernel of
> > which there are test rpms at: http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/2.5/
>
> I'd rather check for a backport than jump into the 2.6 world right now.
> I have absolutely no suspend: this is an acpi only laptop, and S3 does
> nothing on it.

Not to mention suspend on 2.6 is not really ready now (last time I
chacked there were three ! different implementations competing)

> So nobody else is trying or has tried to bundle swsusp with the
> currently distributed kernel?

OTOH, there are loads of stuff available in 2.6 that people have been
awaiting for ages (alsa, ipsec, acls, xfs, sane cd burning, dm, udev...)
At this point fedora devel should switch to 2.6 asap to get it ready for
FC2. 2.4 enhancements seem more a job for the legacy project now.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot