FC2 release dates

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Mon Nov 10 21:13:46 UTC 2003

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 09:30:41PM -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>:
> > Having things so that both 2.4 and 2.6 work mean that the integration of
> > 2.6 isn't going to be as smooth.
>
> Agreed.  I don't know if my opinion counts for anything in this, nor
> even if it should.  But I'd like to see FC2 go for 2.6 all the way
> unless 2.6 has showstopper problems.

I'll stick my neck out and say:  It's either 2.4 or 2.6, no middle
ground.  If 2.6 isn't good enough to not need an alternative, then
we've got a problem.  But I don't think we'll have a problem; 2.6
is progressing much more nicely than 2.4 did from my viewpoint.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/