kernel with swsusp

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue Nov 11 11:09:34 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 10:58, Klaasjan Brand wrote:
> Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> >Right now, all that's missing is the 'wheel' of this HP/Compaq NX9010
> >which is misteriously gone.
> Is that a "wheel mouse" problem?

With Linux 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl the mouse pad works (including 'wheel' --
which in fact is part of the mousepad), and XFree's driver is mouse.

With Linux 2.6.0-test9 the mouse pad works partially (no 'wheel').
Trying to solve this, I added support for synaptics (the pad seems to be
a synaptics) but X wouldn't support the mouse pad.
I tried using a more recent driver for X, it would load, but I'd have no
mouse pad, only button 1 and button 3 (no middle even with Emulate).

It might be a matter of XFree86 driver for the pad, so I will wait for a
newer release, swsusp is a benefit that compensates lack of a 'wheeled'
mouse (if if I was getting used to it *sigh*).

Rui

+ So let's do it...?