Re: kernel with swsusp

Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 11:23, Klaasjan Brand wrote:

Synaptics is known to be problematic, but the choice remains yours: do nothing and hope other people fix it, or try helping the driver maintainer to fix it.

I would like to help, but I don't know if I am capable :|.

Often just reporting to the driver author if some changes improve the situation or not can be helpful.

I don't even know whether it's just a Linux problem, or an XFree86
problem or both :}

If it's working with 2.4 my guess would be a kernel problem. The event interface is fairly standardized (unless synaptics is some weird special case of course...)

What I know is that the mouse support in Linux 2.4 get's me a fully
working mousepad, but the driver interface may have changed ever so
slightly, and development series X might support it properly already. I
don't know.

Could be, maybe you could try the redhat-xfree86 mailing list.

Klaasjan