Update on RH 7.3

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Tue Nov 11 14:43:39 UTC 2003

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 11:37:44AM -0300, Hugo Cisneiros wrote:
> Alexander Martins wrote:
> >       I'd like to know if someone could install the FC1 from a update on
> > RH 7.3.  Is it possible?
>
> I think it's possible because someone already reported sucessfull
> updates from RH to FC1. But since you're using an older version of RH,
> you may want to try (I don't see any problem updating).

If you have linuxconf installed, remove it before you try.

There's a now-known bug where having linuxconf installed before
upgrading from older releases will break the installer.  Fortunately,
it's before package installation happens, so you do not end up with
a scrambled system, you still should be able to remove linuxconf
manually and then re-start the install process.

Other than that glitch (oops) it should work; we know of success
stories...

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/