Anaconda and Linux kernel 2.6.0-test9

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Nov 13 16:08:51 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 17:58, W. Michael Petullo wrote:
> Has anyone been able to compile anaconda 9.2 against 2.6.0-test9
> kernel headers?  I am running into kernel header-related problems.
> I've seen that other software projects are facing similar difficulty
> with 2.6.  I imagine it has something to do with what code is protected
> by #ifdef __KERNEL__'s as the kernel itself compiles fine.  I get the
> following errors:

/usr/include/linux should be the sanitized headers that are in the
glibc-kernheaders package.  Just using the ones from the kernel tree is
likely to be a bad idea.

And I guarantee that anaconda has a fair bit of work to go to work with
2.6...  continuing to work on that some more later this afternoon I
hope.

Cheers,

Jeremy