Anaconda and Linux kernel 2.6.0-test9

mike at flyn.org mike at flyn.org
Thu Nov 13 16:18:24 UTC 2003

>> Has anyone been able to compile anaconda 9.2 against 2.6.0-test9
>> kernel headers?  I am running into kernel header-related problems.
>> I've seen that other software projects are facing similar difficulty
>> with 2.6.  I imagine it has something to do with what code is protected
>> by #ifdef __KERNEL__'s as the kernel itself compiles fine.  I get the
>> following errors:
>
> /usr/include/linux should be the sanitized headers that are in the
> glibc-kernheaders package.  Just using the ones from the kernel tree is
> likely to be a bad idea.
>
> And I guarantee that anaconda has a fair bit of work to go to work with
> 2.6...  continuing to work on that some more later this afternoon I
> hope.

Is there a glibc-kernheaders package created from 2.6 yet?  I can not find
one.  I understand that kernel developers have stated that use-space programs
should not include kernel headers but I don't understand who sanitizes them
for use in /usr/include/linux etc.  Is this the work of the glibc team?  Red
Hat?