Re: Proposals for the Updates Testing Procedure

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 04:13:33PM -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Warren Togami (warren togami com) said:
> > I'd say that 1-2 months would be a fair time limit for update testing.
>
> 1-2 *months*? I'd say weeks, tops.

Especially for security issues, it should IMHO be days, not weeks.
It would be good to know how many people actually tested it though,
if there are problems, they will likely show up in bugzilla, but
if there are no reports, it is unclear if this is because nobody
bothered to test or because it works for everybody.
I don't think WWW/FTP/rsync statistics would be much useful, because
mirrors will be downloading them and people on the other side could
download from mirrors, not from d.f.r.c.

	Jakub