Some fedora devel inconsistencies...

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Fri Nov 14 13:03:18 UTC 2003

On Nov 13, 2003, Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net> wrote:

> On Thursday 13 November 2003 14:56, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>> > yum is the single free update manager rawhide supports now, so...
>>
>> Err...  up2date?

> I question the need for any tool that will AUTO update you to rawhide.

Who talked about AUTO updating?  up2date, just like yum and apt, will
only run when you tell it to, unless you're using RHN and rhnsd is
running, which is not the case for FC.  up2date, just like yum and
apt, will only use repositories you've configured it to use, and
rawhide isn't the default in any of them.  So, if you chose rawhide,
and run up2date by hand, that's what you get.