Re: ia64 kernel?

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Erich Focht wrote:

> does anybody care currently about the ia64 kernel? Why is the version
> so old (2.4.9)? I could contribute from time to time but who is
> managing this and what is the policy (features to include, testing,
> etc...).

 Honestly, Itanium is not out there in large numbers, and most existing
installations would not be Fedora candidates anyway, more suitable for
RHEL.  That said, if you are willing to do the work, I would test it on
some test servers I have, as long as I have them.  Grab the FC1 kernel SRPM
and go from there.

> And: how can I build an installation DVD out of the base/ and RPMS/
> directories?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Best regards,
> Erich Focht

buildinstall and mkisofs will get your dvd iso made.

Justin M. Forbes