Proposals for the Updates Testing Procedure

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Fri Nov 14 17:21:30 UTC 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:35:17 -0500, Jakub Jelinek wrote:

> It would be good to know how many people actually tested it though,
> if there are problems, they will likely show up in bugzilla, but
> if there are no reports, it is unclear if this is because nobody
> bothered to test or because it works for everybody.

In Test Update announcements, would it be possible to give hints on what
to test in particular or what features to check for changed behaviour?

Else I assume that simply installing a test update is not of any help
other than catching obvious regression. Because if I haven't been caught
by a bug in the previous package revision, I'm unlikely to notice whether
the test update fixes the bug. Or is the testing process solely a quantity
based thing?