Re: Executable memory: some apps that work on RH9 don't on FC1

> The official binary of mit-scheme 7.7.1 (http://www.gnu.org/software/mit-scheme)
> segfaults if called with 'scheme -compiler'. In this case the scheme main
> program load a 'band' called compiler.com, which contains executable code.
> Could somebody investigate this issue? I am not that familiar with problems
> like this.

If this binary was created with old tools and has no PT_GNU_STACK marker,
then it should get executable stack by default.  More likely the issue is
that it calls malloc and expects the memory returned to be executable.
The Scheme runtime needs to be changed to use mmap when executability matters.