changing Gnome panel buttons

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Tue Nov 18 14:42:43 UTC 2003

Hello,
Alot of my users keep complaining whenever they get a new account on a box
that the first thing they do is add the terminal button to their panel.  These
complaints came from both KDE and Gnome users.

I was able to change the default buttons on KDE by changing
/usr/share/config/kickerrc
But try as I might, I cannot find the file, or set of files, to change the
default set of buttons that you get on the gnome-panel.

So, in short, what file, or set of files, do you need to modify, to change the
default gnome-panel buttons?
By default I mean the buttons that a newly created user would see.

Thanks
Troy Dawson
Troy Dawson  dawson at fnal.gov  (630)840-6468