Re: ATI radeon 9600 Pro / willing to test and report

Am Di, den 18.11.2003 schrieb Laurent GUERBY um 08:27:

Hi!

> Hi, I've just installed Fedora Core 1 on my new machine wich has
> an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro. All I've got is a 640x480 resolution
> with the vesa driver on my Hyundai Q17 LCD 17" (1280x1024) but it's
> working :). I tried the generic radeon, it gets the right
> resolution but it freezes the machine after a few seconds.

Why aren't you using those drivers from ati? OK, it is not GPL, but
better than 640x480 IMHO. They are working fine (glxgears has more than
4000 frames). If you are interested I can send you the XF86Config the
ati tool created on an box from a friend of me for a Sapphire Radeon
9600 Pro.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Laurent

André