Naoko - gcj based goodies like tomcat ?

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Thu Nov 20 16:28:09 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Gary" == Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat.com> writes:

Gary> The only big patch that I can think of that Tomcat needs is the
Gary> solib (gcjlib?) URL one.  Tom, would it be possible to make this
Gary> work with the system libgcj?

I think backporting the library to 3.3 would be pretty simple, really.
We can just copy it into place, more or less.  However, I think we'd
need to pull in some front-end changes, too, which is where things get
a little more complicated.  I haven't been closely tracking what
changed from 3.3->3.4 in gcc proper, the backport might not be
trivial.  Andrew might have a better idea about that, I CCd him.

Tom