upgrading RH 9 system->Fedora with iso files and apt only

Didier Casse didierbe at sps.nus.edu.sg
Fri Nov 21 09:02:31 UTC 2003

I have the yarrow's iso files on my HD in a RH9 system. Let's say I want
to upgrade selected packages using an "apt-get install" pointing to my
iso-mounted files, how do I do it?

i.e I mount the iso into some /mnt/yarrow1, /mnt/yarrow 2 etc..

Then what is the complete procedure to make my apt look into my own HD to
upgrade packages. Can anybody redirect me to the correct
resource or some literature hanging on the web? Thanks.

Assume also that I do not wish to burn CDs! I do not want to use
apt-cdrom. Thanks.

With kind regards,

Didier.

---
PhD student

Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
5 Research Link,
Singapore 117603

Email: slsbdfc at nus dot edu dot sg \or\
didierbe at sps dot nus dot edu dot sg
Website: http://ssls.nus.edu.sg