Naoko - gcj based goodies like tomcat ?

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Fri Nov 21 11:08:37 UTC 2003

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 12:42:37PM +0000, Balint Cristian wrote:

> 	Sounds great, i think will be a huge tehnology improvement
> to add java based stuff in fedora/redhat, there will be great interest in it.

The problem is that you usually pretty soon face other incompatibilities
and such, as soon as you start using additional packages.

Last week we wanted to look at Chiba in combination with Tomcat, but
that is incompatible with the current gcj, it seems, so you are forced
to use Sun's (or IBM's, probably) JDK for the rest too, which is an
awfull lot of work and/or you have to use third-party package that
do or do not work out of the box and can or can not be regenerated
without any problems (jpackage.org is not that bad, but still...).

Just my personal frustration about looking a bit at Java stuff... ;-)

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>