Re: Naoko - gcj based goodies like tomcat ?

Jos Vos wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 11:50:59AM +0000, Gary Benson wrote:
> > > Last week we wanted to look at Chiba in combination with Tomcat,
> > > but that is incompatible with the current gcj
> >
> > Why so?
>
> Because Chibah developers said their stuff "needs 1.4, while gcj is
> 1.2".  (I just recall what I heart, I am not an expert in this.)

libgcj doesn't particularly conform to any specific Java version --
some bits are indeed 1.2, whereas others are bang up to date.  Did you
try running it?  If so, what execptions was it throwing?  It might be
that it is missing something that is fairly simple to implement...

Gary