kudzu won't update modprobe.conf

lupus de_lupus at pandora.be
Tue Nov 25 01:01:28 UTC 2003

kernel 2.6 uses /etc/modprobe.conf
kernel 2.4 uses /etc/modules.conf

I installed kernel 2.6-test9 next to my kernel 2.4.22 (fedora core 1),
but when I boot kernel 2.6 Kudzu won't edit modprobe.conf because
/etc/sysconfig/hwconf hasn't changed.

Isn't it possible to use /etc/sysconfig/hwconf for 2.4.22 and
/sysconf/hwconf26 for kernel2.6, then kudzu can correctly detect
hardware and configure modprobe.conf and modules.conf depending on
what kernel I boot?

After I removed hwconf and booted with kernel 2.6 he configured
modprobe.conf correctly. But still my bttv and audio don't work.
Witch package/programme normally modprobes them?

Kristof Vansant (Belgium)