Re: Tripwire Update ...

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 08:49, Karl DeBisschop wrote:
> I personally gave up tripwire in favor of aide some time ago.
>
> Not that choice is bad, but it seemed worth mentioning. I thought I'd
> read someplace that aide was slated to replace tripwire in FC, but maybe
> that was my imagination.

Oh man, have you looked at the code for AIDE?  I did a few years ago
because I wanted it log via syslog and I thought it would be trivial to
implement.  The code was nightmare-ish; it looked like the stuff Stephen
van den Berg produces (author of procmail).  Maybe it has improved since
then.

Wil
--
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley nakedape cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *