Re: ext2/3 acl in development

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 02:35:20PM +0100, Farkas Levente wrote:
> can we can wait an updated kernel package for FC1 or a development
> package for FC2 in the near future?

"a development package for FC2" meaning what specifically?  The
2.6 kernel already has acls, and we have included the user-space
package changes needed to use ACLs for the final few releases of
Red Hat Linux as well as in Fedora Core 1.

There is also a chance to get an ACL-enabled kernel for Fedora
Core 1 at some point, though we don't want to slow down development
for Fedora Core 2.  Don't hold your breath, in other words.  :-)

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/