fedora naming and google

Anthony Saffer anthonysaffer at safferconsulting.com
Wed Nov 26 22:57:30 UTC 2003

> But if we did that, many more people than those that complain about
> this would complain about having to keep in their head which version
> is newer than which...

I have to agree with Bill here. Using formal names instead of
version/release numbers would just confuse the matter even further and make
it a bit *harder* for people to find information they need. Think about the
Microsoft Windows world. While each release has a codename they are
eventually released as Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, etc. This is
really no different than what Fedora is doing and it's not hard at all to
find the information you need.

Anthony Saffer