Re: FC2 and general LDAP Support

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 03:18, Roland Käser wrote:

> What about moving the user database to LDAP for the FC2 release? It
> would be possible to integrate also the samba part of the user records
> directly to the LDAP directory.  The only thing we need is a useful ldap
> administration frontend and the command line tools for creating and
> modifying the user records from the command line. The most of the
> command line tools are shipped with the samba source code. It it is
> desired, i can make a RPM for that.

While I am an LDAP advocate and agree that an admin tool for managing
users and groups in LDAP would be an appreciated addition (and maybe
managing printers and such there too), using it as the default would be
way overkill.  There are simply too many problems and it's not easy for
the less experienced to deal with.

Wil
--
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley nakedape cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *