From: Alan Cox <alan redhat com>
To: fedora-devel-list redhat com
Subject: Re: I gotta ask this ...
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:30:52 -0500

> I have seen several posts in the past where someone asks about building
> Fedora ISO images. I have yet to see a response.
>
> Surely _someone_ must know how this is done. Why is there never a response?
> Is this knowledge a 'secret sauce' that nobody wishes to share?

Not really secret sauce. Build all the packages, boot the result, build
all the packages again with it, figure out how to fit it all and the installer
on the CD images and burn.

Lots of this is currently done by the Red Hat internal build systems and
those are tied to a lot of Red Hat specific baggage you really don't want.

An external build system is on the todo list for Fedora