FC2 and general LDAP Support

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Thu Nov 27 00:27:32 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 16:10, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 03:08:20PM -0800, Wil Cooley wrote:
> >
> > There are fairly easy ways to make it work, though.  One approach would
>
> Wouldn't  it be easier to keep things the way they are now (ie stay
> with the multiple files way of doing things as default and make choosing
> LDAP as easy as clicking on a checkbox)?

Well, from the context of switching, yes, it would.  The infrastructure
I described (and I am not advocating making LDAP the default) would be
one way to make it work--i.e., authconfig runs 'alernatives' or sets
whatever setting appropriate for the front-end 'useradd'.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * * * * Good, fast and cheap: Pick all 3! * * * * * * *
*   Naked Ape Consulting                http://nakedape.cc  *