SMP i586?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Nov 27 03:59:15 UTC 2003

Once upon a time, Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu> said:
> Dave, one day when you have time I'd like for you to explain the kernel spec's
> use of --with and --without and how that's communicated to the spec file
> build logic.  I would love to use --with and --without to do the conditional
> subpackage building in PostgreSQL instead of the more unweildy --define 'tcl
> 0' etc.  This might even be interesting to others on list.

Last time I looked, the kernel.spec file dropped all support for --with
and --without some time back.  There are still references in comments,
but I don't think any actually work (unless there is some behind the
scenes RPM magic going on).

It is kind of annoying when you are trying to rebuild just one package.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>