xmms release number

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Oct 1 03:03:20 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 22:52, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 22:36, seth vidal wrote:
> > or maybe consider building up comps.xml/yumgroups.xml files that could
> > create groups of packages for people to search for.
>
> That's what I'd like to see. Maybe even a requirement that all "end user
> visible" packages be in a comps file.
>
> redhat-config-packages can then display nice sane things instead of raw
> RPM package names.

I'm all for it - I wrote a simple script for generating a <group>
section for a comps.xml file - they are intended for use with yum but
since yumgroups.xml and comps.xml are the same file format (well, for
the groups part, the packages part isn't really considered in yum - but
it quietly ignores them so it's the same format :) then it would work
just as well for those.

http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/download/misc/yumgengroups.py

If anyone is interested in it.

-sv