Since Fedora is not aimed at enterpise/business ..

Felipe Alfaro Solana felipe_alfaro at linuxmail.org
Wed Oct 1 14:23:17 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 15:54, Bill Anderson wrote:
> Does this mean we can now stop requiring kerberos in everything that can
> have it required?

I would like to see more Kerberos support for Linux in general. I think
Kerberos is a blessing. Just imagine logging onto the network and being
able to ssh into any box, read your mail stored in a Cyrus-IMAPD server
without supplying a password, modifying your contacts stored into a
central LDAP server without supplying any credentials or DN, and so on.

Kerberos is deployed all over my boxes and I find it a pleasure to use,
although it can be a little tricky to set up. I would like to see far
better and wider support for it. Don't know how people can still live
with public keys and passwords when managing multiple servers.