PowerPC support

axel c axel at banzais.org
Wed Oct 1 14:46:36 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 13:48, ne... wrote:

> >I'm a bit confused by that bit. If Fedora is focused on the 'developer,
> >hobbyist, enthusiast', does that mean there won't be a RedHat for the
> >Basic, Unskilled, Clueless Joe Desktop User?
> Don't be confused. See http://fedora.redhat.com/about/rhel.html
> for what will be targeted towards what in terms of users. Also
> take into consideration that Redhat is getting out of the consumer
> retail market. I would say it is about time that poor Basic,
> Unskilled,  Clueless Joe Desktop User needs to start acquiring
> some skills as cynical as that might sound.

Hmmm. If that means my (mostly clueless) gf won't get an out of the box,
'just works' desktop system then i better start looking for another
distro for her... Will fedora be broken into 'stable' and 'unstable'
branches like debian? Or will it be something more like 'it's Rawhide
but a bit less broken' ? Thanks
--
axel c <axel at banzais.org>