Network nirvana [Re: Since Fedora is not aimed at enterpise/business ..]

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Oct 1 16:53:27 UTC 2003

> Thought question ... most of the above is present currently
> but takes a real expert to get going.
>
> What needs to be done to make it possible so that, given say,
> a network of 50 workstations, someone who has never done
> it before could get such a network going in a day?

three items that would make a huge difference to me:

1. nfsv4 to be complete and in the kernel :)
2. kdcs not be such a nightmare to setup
3. kdcs not be such a nightmare to understand
4. ldap tweaking be documented a bit more (though I know dax kelson did
a lot of documenting on openldap and it looks quite good - might want to
include those somewhere in fedora-core)

-sv