alpha architecture

Jim jgreen at shell.datasync.com
Thu Oct 2 18:16:43 UTC 2003

I have the HP edition of RH7.2 installed on a 21164 533Mhz pc164lx.  All
is well with the system and I have had no problems except that there are
no software updates/upgrades to the latest versions of applications I need
such as postgresql/php/apache/ssl etc.  Then I ran across the Fedora
project and noticed that the latest alpha rpm's for these applications
were availible for download.  The problem is that they don't work on the
7.2 release and rpm -Uvh for the packages I need give me countless failed
deps as I expected they would.  Will there be an upcomming alpha iso
release for the latest redhat version?  If not, I would like to port
an updated rh release for the alpha architecture.  If any one is doing
this already or if anybody needs help doing this I'd be pleased to help
out.  If someone is already doing this could you please point me in the
right direction?

Thanks,
Jimmy Green