[Univ-linux] Future unsupported Red Hat Linux systems

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Mon Oct 6 14:43:33 UTC 2003

Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
> seth vidal wrote:
>

>>People want a lot of things, they don't always get them. Right now I
>>think that way you can help is not by demanding  action and dates and
>>names but by figuring out what packages you think you'll need errata for
>>the most and maybe familiarizing yourself with how they are currently
>>patched by red hat.
>

> You are getting me wrong, I am not *demanding*. I am trying to get
> information to separate real projects from smoke ;-)
>
> If I get free time I will help, sure.

Ugg ... major cross-posting, I'll keep this short.
For those that have it in their power, a fedora-legacy mailling list would be
appreciated.
When I look at the fedora-legacy web pages, that's all I see, FEDORA legacy,
no redhat legacy.  To me this is saying that they have no intentions of
allowing the community to put RedHat legacy in there (such as RedHat 7.3, or
RedHat 9).
Is this true?
If it isn't, (meaning the community can support old redhat releases at the
fedora-legacy area) it would be nice if we started at least getting the
framework setup for the older RedHat legacy stuff.  This would allow us to
start testing mirrors and such.  As well as give people a place to communicate
in a more central place.
Troy

Troy Dawson  dawson at fnal.gov  (630)840-6468