Since Fedora is not aimed at enterpise/business ..

Bill Anderson bill at noreboots.com
Tue Oct 7 12:16:44 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 22:31, Derek P. Moore wrote:
> > Is Fedora a business-level distribution or not? If
> it
> > is, then fine, leave it in. But if it isn't, let us
> > at least be honest about how few people at home and
> > small/medium organizations are using it and
> > reconsider our fascination and dedication to it.
>
> Let's try your thought experiment on something more
> fundamental to Fedora:
>
> "Let's be honest about how few people at home and
> small/medium organizations are using Linux and
> reconsider our fascination and dedication to it."
>
> So, using your own rationale, we should "not make
> everything depend on Linux" and support for Linux
> should be removed from Fedora.
>
> Just 'cause Bill Anderson has some weird
> anti-fascination with Kerberos doesn't mean it's not
> an important or viable technology, or that it should
> be removed from Fedora.  Kerberos is here to stay,
> whether you like it or not.  I, for one, /need/
> Kerberos support in Fedora (no, wait, I need /better/
> Kerberos support in Fedora).
>
> With Microsoft now promoting Kerberos, Kerberos
> support in Fedora is that much more important.
>
> Okay, I'm done now,

Good then quit bogarting the crack pipe.

And actually, it has been more than suggested on this list (or one of
these fedora lists) that Fedora Core could, and is eventually expected
to, run on something other than the Linux Kernel, such as BSD. And,
IIRC, that came from a RH email address. Still ready to stand by that
analogy. :^D

--
Bill Anderson
RHCE #807302597505773