Kind request: Set release version to "10"

Jesse Keating hosting at j2solutions.net
Tue Oct 7 19:09:24 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 07 October 2003 11:51, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 07:44:17 -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Monday 06 October 2003 23:36, Axel Thimm uttered:
> > > Where has anything concerning Fedora Legacy been defined? Isn't
> > > that what this list members are supposed to develop?
> >
> > Dude, I've replied to you a couple times about this...
> >
> > http://www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraLegacy
> >
> > Legacy will have 7.3 and 9 support initially, possibly more.
>
> No secret. The list announcements and things like that are
> everywhere.
>
> It may sound like splitting hairs, but do you have official
> confirmation from Red Hat or the Fedora Project committee that
> "Fedora (!) Legacy" will carry updates for old release of
> _Red Hat_ (!) Linux?

Fedora Legacy was coined by Warren of Fedora.US.  Warren was doing
nothing with Legacy, mostly because it was there for the community to
pick up.  I've picked it up, and with Warren's blessings, I'm running
with it.  There isn't much to "confirm" with Red Hat, legacy is what
the community wants Legacy to be.

> You try to fit RHL Legacy under the Fedora Legacy umbrella.
>
> Fedora Legacy -- as defined at fedora.redhat.com -- and a project
> that extends the Legacy concept to Red Hat Linux, are two different
> things, albeit with a similar goal.

The definition of Fedora Legacy at fedora.redhat.com needs to be
updated.  It was made long ago, prior to my involvement with the
project.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net