Default Folder icon no longer scalable?

Garrett LeSage garrett at redhat.com
Tue Oct 7 19:41:50 UTC 2003

Steven Garrity wrote:

> After installing test2, I noticed that the default folder icon (which
> is beautiful by the way) is no longer scalable (bitmap only, not svg
> anymore?). The previous installation I had was RedHat 9, and it did
> include a scalable version of the default folder icon.

Thanks.

It was never SVG.  I have included multiple versions of the folder at
different sizes, but it seems that it wants to currently scale only from
the 48x48 version.  Perhaps it is because I only have a 96x96 version as
the largest size.  It could be quite possible that I need to include a
128x128 variety as well.  I will see if this is, in fact the issue.

Regardless, it should scale from a larger version if you are up-scaling.

We totally redid the way the icons are maintained.  It is much better
now; it is easier for me to make updates and keep track of versions.
Unfortunately, there are a couple of bugs here and there.  This issue is
one of those.

> Is this intentional? A mistake? Apologies if this isn't the
> appropriate list.

It's a bug.  Please file it in Bugzilla.  http://bugzilla.redhat.com/

Thanks,
Garrett