[RFC] Better font filetype and metadata file detection for xfs initscript

Derek P. Moore derek.moore at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 9 04:11:29 UTC 2003

>                 ttmkfdir -d . -o fonts.scale

Doesn't 'mkfontscale' replace 'ttmkfdir'?  While you're updatin' this
initscript, might you want to update it to use 'mkfontscale'?  (In which case,
'mkfontscale &>/dev/null' would suffice; though, to follow the style of the
'mkfontdir' statements, 'mkfontscale . &>/dev/null' will also do [even though
the '.' is redundant with both 'mkfontdir' and 'mkfontscale' commands]).

Okay, I'm done now,

Derek

P.S.:  I'm glad to see work in this area.  I have all the Adobe Font Folio
fonts on my Linux box, and a specific subset of the Postscript fonts (installed
[or, rather, symlinked] under /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1) consistently
disappear when, I think, I 'rpm -Fvh XFree86*'.  I haven't really bothered too
hard to trace down what exactly is causing it, because 'mkfontdir
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1 && mkfontscale /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1'
fixes it (and then I instantly become unmotivated to bug-hunt).