Japanese OpenOffice 1.1.0

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Oct 9 06:41:11 UTC 2003

http://togami.com/~warren/archive/2003/nihongo-ooo-1.1.0.png

I am happy to report that Japanese input in OpenOffice 1.1.0 works fine
after you enable Japanese mode within the Language settings of the
Configuration menu.  I am extremely happy that it now automatically
chooses the Japanese font "Kochi Mincho" rather than the user needing to
choose it manually.

In order to run it from English mode, run the following from a script:
#!/bin/bash
kinput2 -canna &
LANG=ja_JP XMODIFIERS="@im=kinput2" oowriter

There is a slight problem where the little kinput2 has a blank rectangle
within it rather than the usual Japanese characters.  I suspect it isn't
set to use the correct font internally.  I will file this in Bugzilla.

(I am not sure if my grammar in the above screenshot is correct.  Please
correct me if it is wrong.  =)

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com