[RFC] Better font filetype and metadata file detection for xfs initscript

Thu Oct 9 10:56:36 UTC 2003

Le jeu 09/10/2003 à 12:47, Nicolas Mailhot a écrit :
> Le jeu 09/10/2003 à 12:32, Mike A. Harris a écrit :
>
> > I definitely would like to hear other people's opinions on all of
> > these matters though...  I will probably agree with most
> > suggestions.   ;o)  I wont necessarily be able to implement or
> > control all font related suggestions though, but I can try to
> > help influence decisions for any good ideas people come up with.
> > ;o)
>
> My opinion is simple. We need more font setup coordination. I don't care
> if it's done via macros, an official document, or a reference spec file
> everyone is supposed to copy (like bitstream-vera was going to be in
> fedora.us before the merge), but I'm dead tired of not having two font
> package behaving the same way because they all use their own secret
> recipes.

(Another solution of course being "install all fonts un
/usr/share/fonts", the system will take care of fonts.* generation and
directory registration at next xfs restart)

However this will break rpm -e unless the xfs service also cleans ups
dangling indexes/registered directories after font removal.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot