GCC-3.3 and OO.org

Fri Oct 10 21:33:54 UTC 2003

Le ven 10/10/2003 à 23:24, Alan Cox a écrit :
> > Sadly java distribution is problematic, but if we can put things into
> > Fedora Extras or JPackage which require a bit more user interaction
> > (dowloading binaries after clickthrough) it might be useful/beneficial
> > to the end user.
>
> The way Fedora is specified means you need to be able to build everything
> in Fedora with Fedora and everything in Fedora Extras with Fedora + Extras
> and so on.

Which means java packages must go somewhere else ie jpackage right now.
Which as jpackage member is perfectly ok with me;)

Hopefully we'll get to the point where each non-free bit of our
repository got a free alternative, and the huge jakarta, objectweb,
jboss etc pool of free java software can be distributed alongside
fedora.

(not a jpp/fdr merger - the mandrake members would object - but maybe a
cooperation like the one we have with Mandrake right now)

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot