GCC-3.3 and OO.org

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Fri Oct 10 21:35:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 05:15:28PM -0400, Dan Williams wrote:

> At this point, I don't have the resources nor the time to make building
> with either Kaffe or gcj a priority.  There is ongoing work in this area
> however.

Fair enough.

> As you suggest, the alternative would be to allow individuals to compile
> with Java support, using the Red Hat SRPM.  This should not be too hard
> to do, provided the Sun JDK is in its standard place.

I follow you up to "standard place", which intrests me.  The JPackage
project try and package to FHS the JDK, I'd assume given a sane
JAVA_HOME the OO.org compile should work, but I haven't really tried to
build OO.org.  Any pointers to docs onthe OO.o/Java integration
appreciated.

> I expect a simple
> variable switch at the beginning of the specfile would be all that a
> user would need to set to compile with Java support in OOo.  That I
> could do in the near future.

Sounds good. Always happy to test.

Paul