GCC-3.3 and OO.org

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri Oct 10 21:56:02 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 17:35, Paul Nasrat wrote:
> I follow you up to "standard place", which intrests me.  The JPackage
> project try and package to FHS the JDK, I'd assume given a sane
> JAVA_HOME the OO.org compile should work, but I haven't really tried to
> build OO.org.  Any pointers to docs onthe OO.o/Java integration
> appreciated.

Well, normally to get OOo to work with Java, you have to pass
--with-jdk-home=<path> to the configure script in config_office/
directory.  Since I pass in --disable-java to this script, I could make
a switch to allow one to pass in --with-jdk-home, but where would the
RPM get the path from?  What do you think is the best way to do that?
OOo will disregard a value in JAVA_HOME and find that path itself.

The alternative is for the user to make sure 'java' and 'javac' are in
their PATH, since OOo will pick those up:

   AC_PATH_PROG(JAVAC, javac)
   AC_PATH_PROG(JAVA, java)

and autodetect the path to the JDK from that.

Dan