rhgb-0.10.2-1

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at cs.toronto.edu
Sat Oct 11 01:58:58 UTC 2003

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Kevin Worthington (kworthington at linuxmail.org) said:
> > 1. Is it possible to suppress the initial "console-ish"
> > dmesg, before the graphical interface kicks in?
>
> Boot with 'quiet'.

I know this is too windowsish, but it would be nice if the kernel
would boot quietly if there have been a clean shutdown.  I don't
know how to implement this cleanly yet, as if we get a panic, no
one has removed the flag and it would boot quiet again...

A related question:  Can't one ask kudzu to scan just a few
buses?  Say, USB and firewire only?

Another one (unrelated this time):  Times to times applications
crash and leave sockets in /tmp that prevents them from starting
next time (I had the problem with xmms-1.2.7 atleast), is there
any problem with cleaning /tmp completely during boot time?

> Bill

behdad