GCC-3.3 and OO.org

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Oct 13 02:41:11 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 17:56, Dan Williams wrote:
> Well, normally to get OOo to work with Java, you have to pass
> --with-jdk-home=<path> to the configure script in config_office/
> directory.  Since I pass in --disable-java to this script, I could make
> a switch to allow one to pass in --with-jdk-home, but where would the
> RPM get the path from?  What do you think is the best way to do that?
> OOo will disregard a value in JAVA_HOME and find that path itself.

The easiest thing to do if the goal is to allow people to rebuild it is
probably to allow the value for the jdk home to be passed as a define on
the rpmbuild command line.

Something like `rpmbuild --define 'jdkhome /path/to/jdkhome'` and then
you can have a check for the existence of %{jdkhome} in the specfile

Cheers,

Jeremy