rhgb-0.10.2-1

Thomas Dodd ted at cypress.com
Mon Oct 13 18:22:12 UTC 2003

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Oct 2003, Julien Olivier wrote:
>>Hmmm... I think the best way to handle that would be to put a flag when
>>the computer has started cleanly and remove it when it has be shut down
>>cleanly. This, way, if it kernel-panics or crashes, the flag is still
>>there.
>

> I guess you misunderstood what I meant.  I cannot see how you can
> handle the panics when you have no write access anywhere.  The

Looks like you missed it. This flag is set on boot, and cleared on
shutdown. If a panic happens, it's not cleared, and stiull set next
boot. During boot if the flag is set, you know you had a problem in the
shudown.

Don't we already have similar flags in / now?
Like .autofsck, which is cleared on shutdown/unmount.
Other flags I see in a quick glance at rc.sysinit include
forcefsck, fsckoptions, fastboot.

	-Thomas