rhgb-0.10.2-1

Tue Oct 14 14:18:05 UTC 2003

Le mar 14/10/2003 à 15:57, Thomas Dodd a écrit :
> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > Sure - right now you need kudzu for this.
> > But this does not mean you should do it here - kudzu for usb devices is
> > an horror. They are typically never always-on (or always plugged in)
> > which means if the user doesn't learn to plug and power-on everything
> > before the boot sequence he'll be deluged with helpful kudzu messages
> > asking him to remove printer, scanner... configuration.
>
> Only once. You tell kudzu not to ask about it again.
>
> Still not sure i want the hot plug scripts handling more than they do
> now. They do bad enough there.

I will readily admit it was a /sbin/chkconfig --level 0123456 kudzu off
for me. And I'm sure I'm far from the only one.

As for the hotplug scripts - they are perhaps as bad as kudzu right now
but they have a chance to improve, while kudzu's on-boot scanning is
conceptually flawed as soon as you get hotplug devices into the picture.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot