Suggestions for the Installer (regarding network installs)

Jared Smith jsmith at drgutah.com
Tue Oct 14 16:33:54 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 10:27, Tom Diehl wrote:
> I love my pxe boot machines for the same reasons Jesse listed above. I do
> not know how I lived without PXE. Expecially now that things do not fit on
> a floppy. :-) Besides PXE is so much faster than a floppy ever could be.

OK, I've been wanting to do PXE installations for a long time.  I can
get the machines to boot off off PXE, but I'm not sure where to go from
there.  (I've played around with it a little, and actually got the
kernel to boot, but not far enough to start the installer.)  Anybody got
some pointers and/or any documentation on how to do a PXE boot
installation?

Jared Smith