rawhide report: 20031021 changes

Balint Cristian rezso at rdsor.ro
Tue Oct 21 11:50:53 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 21 October 2003 14:35, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Build System wrote:
> >Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 06:03:49 -0400
>
> From: Build System <buildsys at redhat.com>
>
> >To: fedora-devel-list at redhat.com
> > <fedora-devel-list.redhat.com> Subject: rawhide report: 20031021 changes

	The email is very useful, was a very good idea, till now was hellish:

I am happy to see a report of changelog, rather to connect ftp.redhat.com at my 17:00 PM and do ftp again
again and again till i catch a free conection than do sort by change-date and knoledge what is changed ....

> If XFree86's changelog got posted verbatim in these emails, some
> people's MTAs would probably reject the email based on size
> alone.  ;o)   I don't think anyone is interested in bugs Bero
> fixed in XFree86 back in 1999 for example.  ;o)
>
> Again, just a suggestion...   What do others in the community
> think about the idea?

As Mike suggested,

	I would be _more_ nice to show only changelog since previous package not the whole changelog,
for me is an effort to keep my eye on screen to find what is the "package-name" and what is the "changelog" ...
from the kilometric e-mail, plus probably other people not too happy about huge mails ...

More suggestions:

	And would be more nice to see colored highlight (red coloured aka "redhat" for e.g :) ) of package-name
and in rest changelog to be normal black eventualy the changelog "date" numbers to be grey, but that implies html
mail instead of text mail.

thanks for atention !

cristian