Split & move yum headers deeper into the hierachy?

Tue Oct 21 17:51:58 UTC 2003

Le mar 21/10/2003 à 19:39, Bill Nottingham a écrit :
> Axel Thimm (Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de) said:
> > [The original message had a bad To: address, please reply to this one
> > instead.]
> >
> > Currently (or last time I checked) yum headers were created for all
> > archs in the rawhide toplevel hierarchy.
> >
> > Would it make sense to create the yum headers per arch and closer to
> > the RPMS directory, so that it is mirrored and usable in partial
> > mirrors, too?
>
> Are there really that many mirrors that don't carry the toplevel
> rawhide directory?

It's not that they don't carry the toplevel directory, it's that they
often do not carry one or more of the arch subdirs. So either people
mirror headers (and export misleading info) or they zap it with obscure
archs.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot