the only VPN solution is not in rh

Benny Amorsen benny+nospam at amorsen.dk
Thu Oct 23 07:58:15 UTC 2003

On 2003-10-23 at 02:49, Paul Iadonisi wrote:

>  If anyone else is interested, I'd be willing to post my spec file for
> FreeS/Wan as well as pointers to any patches.  Mine builds for RHL9, but
> I haven't tried on fct3.  I don't like the way the FreeS/Wan rpms are
> built on xs4all.nl, so I've done it a bit differently.  Plus, I don't
> build an rpm for the kernel module ... it's only one file that I copy
> into the /lib/modules tree.

If you get the freeswan version with the X.509 patch already
incorporated, you can just cd packaging/redhat and make rpm. You need to
have the kernel-source package installed. The only issue is that the
automatic architecture detection in the init script failed for me. It
has worked for me with earlier versions of freeswan.

/Benny